Cyber Startup Observatory© Insight
Under the Insight section we will include articles, papers and case studies covering hot topics which are relevant for the industry. Our selection of subjects includes:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning and Automation applied in cybersecurity and financial services.
- Compliance and regulation: covering the latest regulatory frameworks, privacy laws and other applicable legislation, for example the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), GLBA and FCRA, Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information, Australia’s Privacy Act 1988 but also Open Banking / Payments Services Directive 2 which have important cybersecurity implications in Banking.
- Authentication, Identity and Access Management, Fraud Prevention, Behavioural Biometrics, etc.
- Incident Response & Forensics and SOC: covering the investigation of cybersecurity incidents and troubleshooting as well as forensics.
- Cyber Posture: discussing the overall’s cybersecurity strength from different standpoints like security intelligence, fraud, people, data, applications, infrastructure, business partners & outsourcing and threat intelligence. Cyber Risk assessment, correlation with the treat landscape, industry solutions, management frameworks, cyber insurance topics are also covered.
- Phishing Prevention & Email Security: covering phishing and Email Security related issues and challenges.
- IoT & IIoT security: analysing the trends, initiatives and approaches to secure the increasingly important IoT network.
- OT/ICS/SCADA: including relevant topics with regards to Industrial Control Systems and Industrial Internet of Things.
- Training, Education & Awareness: recognizing the crucial role of trainging, education and specially awareness in cybersecurity.
- Deception: a technology which automated the creation of traps or decoys and lures which are mixed among and within existing IT resources to provide a layer of protection to stop attacker that have penetrated the network.
- Network & Cloud security: covering topics like IP hijacking, DDoS among others
- Healthcare: there are increasing concerns relating to the security of healthcare data and devices. Increased connectivity to existing computer networks has exposed medical devices to new cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Transportation: covering Aviation, Automotive, Maritime and Rail & Metro cybersecurity
- Utilities: reasing awareness on cybersecurity challenges faced by energy, water, gas and other utilities companies.
We accept the contribution from industry practitioners. Your participation is welcome. If you would like to join us in this journey, suggesting topics, sharing insight, writing articles, do not hesitate to contact us at: